Entrepreneurship is very important to me. It is this lifestyle that opens up the opportunity for me to develop the ideas I have, work with the people I want to and influence the things that really matter to me. Continue reading “9 Philosophies from an Entrepreneur”
Image: My Bubby and me, August 8, 2013
There’s nothing romantic about death. Continue reading “Flawed Memories”
Today my Uncle Avrum got up from shiva, the seven day mourning period when the immediate relatives of the deceased sit on low chairs as friends, family and acquaintances pay respects. Continue reading “The symbolic act of a walk”
I’m currently participating in the JCC Association’s Innovation Lab: Jerusalem. I’m meeting dozens of dedicated JCC leaders from the United States who’ve come to Jerusalem to be inspired by local talent and initiatives and I’ve had the opportunity to get an up-close look at so much of Jerusalem’s innovation. Continue reading “The buzz killer”
With the precarious and terrorizing situation in Jerusalem currently what it is, if you aren’t here, you can’t really know what it’s like. Continue reading “What it’s really like in Jerusalem these days”
- Go about your day.
- Partially acknowledge the helicopter flying overhead.
- Hear a scream from afar and register that it is in jest, not in pain.
- Listen to the emergency vehicle’s siren in the distance. Stop what you’re doing and see if there is more than one.
- There is. Sit helplessly as you hear dozens of emergency vehicles rushing to another attack against Jews.
- Open up your regular news source and refresh it until it starts reporting what you’re already imagining.
Yesterday was a beautiful day.
I went to the festive Jerusalem March with my sister and gave out candy to the Christians who are here to show their support to Israel. Continue reading “Yesterday was a beautiful day”
Happiness – both its definition and the actual thing – eludes us. There are moments when I could practically swear that I’m happy Continue reading “My resolution not to pursue happiness (or meaning)”